Moving on.... :)

After years and years of bickering and hoping and wishing and praying for it, it finally came true!!
I have finally moved out of my parent’s house!
Living in a rented apartment with a dear friend. Away from home. Blisssss!!!
Paying rent and all. And bills! *facepalm* oh well. No cash support from parents. Zilch. I’m growing up! Woooot!
Not exactly a rosy life, that I imagined it to be, but it’s not bad at all! It’s a battle everyday as I struggle with my ever diminishing finances, trying to feed myself on time. Keeping the house clean, chasing lizards and bees every now and then, feeding the cat once in a while so that she doesn’t poop in front of my door, waking up early each morning to make sure that the water fills up in the tank and then waiting for the maid to open the door for her, doing the dirty laundry, sorting out the clean laundry and placing them in the cupboard! Making sure that the garbage is kept out for the cleaners to collect it. Making trips to the supermarket occasionally to replenish the stock of toiletries,ODOMOS/ mosquito zapper racquet/mosquito coils and maybe some groceries! :P Wow! Now I know what mothers go through!
And then you have to learn to ignore the strange noises and weird screams and dog howls you hear every night! *shudders*
And I hate that time of the month, when you realize you have zero balance in your account and you have to pay quite a few bills. *shakes head*

But moving out of your parent’s house has its perks!

You can come home late to a warm friendly smile, who will ask you, ‘Hey! How was your day?? You look tired! Should I make you some green tea??’ as opposed to ‘Have u seen the time?!?! Why are you so late?!!?! Is this a decent time for girls to come home!?!?’ *rolls eyes*
You can saunter to BRU world café at 12 midnight and satisfy your craving for a chocolate milkshake!
You can come home smashed and drenched after a drunken tryst with the sea at versova sea face.
You can go watch a late night movie on a whim!
You can eat on the bed without being yelled at by your mum!
You can wear shorts and mini skirts and noodle strap tops and get out of the house, without having to face a ‘ WTF are you wearing??! Are you going to go out dressed like THAT?!’ look from a parent!
You can come home, tired, and just crash on the bed, without changing/washing your feet/ answering stupid questions about curfews!

All in all, life's good! :)

Somehow this song keeps popping up in my head….and I totally relate to it….

I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five
I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby
*sings along*
:)

4 quacks:

Scribblers Inc said...

Olle! Look how happy someone is! And I am happy for you! :D

*bear hug*


Scribblers Inc.

Hyperactive maniac said...

:D *hugs*

Joel said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EhXALfKwo

yeah !! :D

*hugs*

Anindita said...

Happy happy! :)

Followers

The Reigning Drama Queen

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm an ebil, EBIL woman!