Story of my life...well so far...

1987

I was born.
*woohoo* my parents probably thought.

2002

"I think I'll do fashion designing."

Mum meted out the silent treatment for 2 weeks.
"Ok ma. I'll do naval architecture. Just like dad. I'll study for IIT entrance."
Yeah rrright! like I can EVER do that!
Mum started talking again.
phew!

2003

"I want to do arts."

"You will do science. Stop thinking about fashion designing! Its not a credible choice of profession! Go for engineering its safe! and take science. You may change your mind about fashion!"
"Ok. Science it is"
I'm so gonna suck at this!

2005

12 std board exams.
Aarrgghhh! i suck at this!!! i can't do engineering!!! I hate science!!!
*Dreams about joining NIFT*
"NO. No fashion designing! You will join classes for engineering CET."
"CET. yeah."
*Sigh* I'm doomed.

"Can I atleast appear for the NIFT entrance exam?"
"Hmm."

12th board results- 85%
CET results- bombed
NIFT exam results- A.I.R- 3

NIFT it is!!! *yayeee*
Mum bestows me with silent treatment again. *no yayee*


"You will regret this. I don't understand why you want to be a tailor! WHAT decent job will you get!?!?" my parents words keep echoing in my head.
"I will never regret this! This is where I belong!! I'm good at this!" I convince myself.


2005-2009

Several degrees of emotional/ physical/ mental attyachaar at NIFT.

2009

global fucking recession.

NIFT placements.
ghanta placements

"We like your work, but we have the number of designers we were looking for. But we'll definitely let you know if anything opens up! Ok?"
"Thank you sir."

Home.

"I told you so!"

Right. I never quite forgot that.

I'm supposed to start looking a job!! Start taking responsibilities!! Start being an adult!!
When the fuck did I grow up??? Why didn't someone tell me!??!
How can I make it stop!!?
*starts singing 'yeehhhhhh kyaa huaaa....kaise huaa...kab huaaaaaaaaa'*


ps:- By the way, I HATE valentine's day!

14 quacks:

Joel said...

they dint tell u u grew up ... dang .. i thought i was the only one .. oh well atleast i have company now .. oh btw ... all the emotional/ physical/ mental attyachaar at NIFT .. as they say woah toh sirf trailer thaa .. film toh abhi baaki hai .. :) .. dont worry .. if i know u well enough .. .. ull kick asss ..

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Mihir Pathare said...

Aww... I can imagine how you feel. My condition with my adacemics ahsnt exactly left my parents too happy either. >_<

Mihir Pathare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anurag said...

Atleast u were able to do what u wanted to do...Recession is temporary...but ur choice for what u wanted to do was a permanent one ...so u should be happy actually :P

Raul said...

you did the right thing throughout
why be the 2,30,235th engineer in India when you can be the best fashion designer

Hyperactive maniac said...

@ everyone!
thank you for all the encouraging comments!
it helps! although i know there are a lot better designers than myself, but i still try :)
gracias everyone!

Anindita said...

*hugs*

Mystique said...

yup, my life's heading that way.


I NEED THE BLOGGER TEMPLATE!!!!
how'd you get the layouts wala blog list with a classic template?
pls pls cbox me and explain soon

Vaudevillian said...

a friend once repeatedly called up Sony BMG litereally every single day for work experience, for three months.
literally. every day. every day they'd say no. she finally got in, worked her way up, now hangs out with top brass bands!
all you need is a handsfree, and a minute everyday. just call up lagerfeld, say you wear sunglasses too, and you're almost done.

Hyperactive maniac said...

:D :D :D

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you had AIR3 ! That is incredible.I personally adore you now for playing by heart.

Education and jobs are starkly unrelated- however,the poor country we are, we have a habbit of making everything sound as if studies are only a way to secure the basic necessities.

We do not go to college to earn salary checques.We go there to make career.
And we do not study because that will let us be selected by some stupid firang and be taken to US.We study because there is a joy that study gives.MAthematics,physics,economics- its all like music....

I can only that hope I am making some sense...

Scribblers Inc said...

Kya aap apne pyaar, business, health ko lekar tang(not the flavor I guess) hain,pareshan hain?Jaane kya hone wala hai, send KISMAT(apka naam) to 53131 eg: KISMAT RAHUL.

Thats what Idea sends me when I am reading your stuff! Talk about timing!!! xD

Scribblers Inc.

Vin1 said...

Hey...I didn't know you 'shifted' to blogger. Guess I have been 'out of it' for a while now...
Coming to the post, I shall use this oppurtunity to appreciate a joke about something that I can no longer do because of my present 'situation'.
...placements. Ghanta!!!
Ah, campus placements...if only I were free to joke about it!!!
Can't help but notice that this is the last post in over a month. Is one to believe that the corporate world has sucked you in?!

Hyperactive maniac said...

@ mishra
yeah you make sense :)
@scribblers
hahahah! awesome timing!
@ vin1
naah, not yet sucked in, have been keeping really busy with my graduation collection! fashion show due at the end of may! so, oh well!

Followers

The Reigning Drama Queen

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm an ebil, EBIL woman!