Of football and nostalgia.....

Yeah so I watch football! I rather enjoy watching it!

And no, its not only because I want to gawk at extremely hot men running on the field, doing what they do best, but also because I get to see them do that in super-slow motion too! Satellite television rules!! *grins*

Ok seriously.

I like the game. Way better than cricket at least!

And I’m sick of being told that girl’s don’t watch football coz they know squat about it!

So, getting to the point….UEFA 'Euro' 2008!! (yeah thanks anurag! :P :P :P)

Even though I’m supporting Italia…I do get distracted by so many eye candies on field!

Speaking of Italia….they are out of the tournament !!!

*grumbles and abuses the stupid Spaniards and pouts*

I’m so upset!! And GIGI BUFFON!!! He’s so brilliant!!! And now he is out!! Dammnit!!! I’ll miss seeing him on field!! *pouts some more*

Oh well…the only other team I like, who have made it to the semis is Germany and if they lose to Turkey…that is it!! I’m not watching the finals!

I know what you ‘guys’are wondering, ‘what does a girl know about football’, right?

Oh you are wrong…I know football, I have played it, I used to be in the girl’s football team in school and Jr. College.(yeah yeah mock all you want! I don’t care!)

And we made it to state level championships! Twice! *looks smug*

I used to be the striker. And mind you, my short-lived career did highlight goals!!

Ahhh…those were the days!

I feel so nostalgic whenever I see football on TV!

Playing when it rained, eating vada-pav after practices at our favorite fast-food joint, reaching home dripping with sludge and leaving tracks all over my living room on my way to the bathroom and getting yelled at by mum, getting pushed by our coach to our limits to play harder, playing against guys, kicking butt, getting our butts kicked, rolling in muck as a punishment when we messed up during practice, all the times I missed, all the times I scored, all the times we fell hard, the rush after reading my name in the local newspaper, missing the header and hitting our noses instead(yoowwzza!), slipping and falling while trying to walk on the moss-ridden footpath in our studs, all the times we won, all the times we lost, all running like the wind, pep talks, getting reprimanded, reaching a new level, being congratulated, traveling to godforsaken places for matches, singing, dancing, celebrating, crying, pulling each other’s legs, cheering, all the times we huddled, all the times we limped, hitting on the guys in the football team, giggling and blushing, being girls, all the times we fought till the last minute, all the times we cursed penalty shoot-outs, all the times we supported each other, all the times we hugged, all the times we argued with the referee, all the times we got fouled, all the times we fouled, all the times we felt crappy, all the times we played!

I really miss those days! I miss playing football!

But super hot eye-candy kind of makes up for it *winks*

But all said and done, I have to admit one thing, football is a guy's game, not meant for girls.

mind you! I'm still a feminist! well almost! :P


GO EURO!

9 quacks:

FlowerPowerBoi said...

a) Football is a game. For anyone and everyone. I'm equalist. :|

b) That fast-food joint was Santosh?

c) Gigi Buffon! :D I stopped reading after that one! :D

:P

Vishad

Hyperactive maniac said...

yes, it was santosh
and if you read the fast food joint part, how did you stop reading after gigi buffon!?
liar :P

Anurag said...

Damn Right ....Football is way better than Cricket !!!
btw it's UEFA "Euro" 2008 and ai'nt a "League" :P
how far did u go in the state level Championship ??

Hyperactive maniac said...

yeah thanks :P made the changes :P
we played the state level finals!
but lost the finals, we were runners-up :(
it was a really tough match!

Anindita said...

But all said and done, I have to admit one thing, football is a guy's game, not meant for girls.

You are just saying that 'cause you get to drool over the eye candy!! :P :P

I love football. Always have, always will. Plus the eye candy is so much better. It doesn't get better than men in shorts!! ;)

I miss Beckham, Raul, Owen, Lampard and Morientes. Major eye candy. Major loss..!! :(

Hyperactive maniac said...

I would never say that unless I knew what the game was all about and if I had never played it!!
I've been there done that and hence the statement!!
besides...like you just put,

*I love football. Always have, always will. Plus the eye candy is so much better. It doesn't get better than men in shorts!! ;)*

i'd say 'it doesn't get better than extremely talented hot men in shorts!!' ;)

cheers!!

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful example of Gender equality as far as sports is concerned.You might as well like to join the discussion

http://intelligensia-cinderella.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-baby-girl.html

I apologise for something serious that I did.I presumed you as a Male- we guys are very limited in the vision of the world you see,normally ignoring the fairer half of the population.I replied to your comment on my post thinking you are a male.Apologies.Hope you will excuse me one first/last time.
You are blogrolled,

Cheers,
Mishra

Scribblers Inc said...

football...yes...gooD!

Scribblers Inc.

Anindita said...

Tagged ya in the last post! Do me proud!! :)

Followers

The Reigning Drama Queen

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm an ebil, EBIL woman!