purpose....meaning....life

I can bullshit my way through most questions thrown at me, but one simple question stumps me.

“What do you want in life Isha?” he asked.

*silence*

Yeah. What exactly is my purpose here?! WHAT do I want?

I have no bloody friggin clue!

There are times when I regret my choice of career. There are times when I try my best to defend my own decision.

How can I make myself worthwhile, I wonder.

I know something is missing but I can’t figure out what it is!! I hate that feeling!

My dad never got anything easy, never got anything handed to him on a silver platter. But he learnt, he learnt to fight and earn his silver platter. And he fed us with silver spoons.

A person of his stature would have been proud of his achievements and where he is today, but not my dad.

The sorrow I see in his eyes breaks my heart. My family isn’t exactly perfect. It’s far from it. No matter how hard he tries, we only drift further apart.

He has pushed himself to a point where his work has become his obsession, his addiction, his refuge......

From Home.

I don’t want to end up like that. And then again, I don’t exactly know what I want.

Marriage seems to be the summit, from where my parents see it.

From where I see it…..A new home. New problems. More pain.

It’s confusing.

Everyday I see people rushing against time to get to their respective destinations. Some look hard, some scared, some worried, some content, some exhausted, some wistful, some sad.

What is their purpose? To work their asses off? To feed their family? And then one day, disappear into oblivion, where a few people will come to mourn you.

Everyday I see at least one woman crying in some corner of the station, or in the train compartment, or on the streets, or in the slums. No one stops. No one cares.

Who am I? What is my purpose here?!

Call me a little paranoid, but it disturbs me that I can’t answer that.

14 quacks:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is a subjective and a difficult question.No one else can answer that for you.Infact there are not many that can answer that for themselves.Many a people are not able to figure it out even when they breathe their last breaths.Guess we just have to be lucky to know it...Purpose of life- that is a million dollar question indeed.I wish you realise it as soon as possible and if you do that, well ..then do let me know about it.

Sameera Ansari said...

If we were to know that so easily,the world would have been a better place.But some do know who they are and what exactly they want in life,and why they are here.

Hope you find the answers soon!

Scribblers Inc said...

Dude, go hug someone....back breaking...works everytime!:)

all will be good.

wishes
Scribblers Inc.

Anindita said...

Whoa!! What happened???

Hey, even I dont know the purpose of my life. Take each day as it comes, deal with each moment at hand. Smile more, spread more joy, reduce hatred amongst friends and peers and I think for now, you will be doing pretty good! You by no means are in a wrong profession and don't you dare think so! I have seen your work and I have seen the other's works too! You are way too good! Don't dwell unnecessarily on things that are going right! Take inspiration from people like Teju and believe in yourself! Love ya girl! Take care. And lots and lots of hugs!

Akshay said...

woof thats a tough question indeed.... I think about this all the time... but then I really don't have any answers.... I am no superman...

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

there you are again, I've been thinking about it the day since I finished my 10th grade! I'm now in my 3rd year ECE and I still don't think it's a perfect fit for me.. I don't have any interest in studying these subjects which in no way is going to help me in the future except to get a job :(

And yea, it disturbs me and even I mite sound a lil paranoid, sorry bout that!

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

there you are again, I've been thinking about it the day since I finished my 10th grade! I'm now in my 3rd year ECE and I still don't think it's a perfect fit for me.. I don't have any interest in studying these subjects which in no way is going to help me in the future except to get a job :(

And yea, it disturbs me and even I mite sound a lil paranoid, sorry bout that!

Hyperactive maniac said...

@ scribbler

yeah i know hugs work, but i wish they provided some answers too!

@dita
nothing happened in particular.
you know i've been thinking about this a long time. i had had a talk with you some months ago.
if this isn't the right time to think about this....then when is it???

@shrav

hey! so you know what exactly i mean!
btw, thanks for dropping by me blog!

Anonymous said...

That's probably the toughest question you'd ever get to answer. But honestly speakin, I dont think any of us know why we are here, and certainly not what we want to do in life. Personally, I'd say just take life as it comes. No point in gettin tensed/stressed out over something which may not even happen :)
Cheers!

rantravereflect/ jane said...

:)if we all knew what teh purpose was, well there would be nothing to live for, nothing to live by and nothing to live to.. :)
we're what we make of life, we carve our own paths, we learn from our own mistakes, n we seek true comanionship and partners :)

so live the day as it comes, keep positive, keep smiling, love yourself more, and be happy..

dun think too much -->
*huggggsssss*

Hyperactive maniac said...

@ the trooper

i understand the part where you say, take life as it comes, infact that is what i am doing right now, but i just believe that we were not sent to this earth, for just eating, earning, reproducing and then dying. everyone must have some purpose right?? i think every living creature has a purpose. and if i never figure what is mine, then...god help me.
thanks for your views! :)

Hyperactive maniac said...

@ ranravereflect/jane

wow! ok you have a long id! :P
but i disagree with you jane. i think you would more reason to live for if you figured out the answer to the question! you could prove your life's worth by working towards your destiny and i think that would make me immensely happy! but then again, i would agree with the point that i shouldnt waste my life as of now trying to figure out all the answers. maybe when the time is right. but then again, i wouldnt know when is the right time. sigh! its a little confusing, but i do keep smiling, keep positive and happy :)

*hugs back*
thanks for dropping by!

Comfortably Numb said...

Im not sure about the answers of the questions too :P
But yea we live on looking out for them....

CHeers!

Lucifer said...

purpose is wat we make of it...path is wat we choose...its all in individual perspective...u think smthns right for u n u run twds it...then realize it wont b so easy...n v sacrifice things which meant smthn for d purpose...we lose d tiny moments for d search of a bigger happiness...we started runnin but in d end we jus crawl...coz we have cut off our own feet...
if it makes sense...then datz our purpose!!!

Followers

The Reigning Drama Queen

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm an ebil, EBIL woman!